The Audit Division is an internal group that evaluates MIT’s processes on campus and at Lincoln Laboratory. The Institute also works with external audit groups, including:
- PricewaterhouseCoopers, an accounting firm that performs Institute-wide financial statement audits.
- The Defense Contract Audit Agency, Offices of the Inspector General, and other entities that report to the government to assure the effective oversight of public funds.
Internal vs. external auditors
All auditors conduct evaluations to provide an objective opinion. Here’s how the MIT Audit Division is different from external audit groups: Learn more about what we do
Requests for information
We don’t actively report our work to external audit groups, but we do respond to their legitimate requests for our audit work. If you receive a request for information from an external auditor, please coordinate with the appropriate MIT contact before releasing any information:
- For federal and sponsor inquiries: Kimberly Croft, Director of Cost Analysis, Office of the Vice President for Research, email@example.com
- For non-sponsor financial inquiries: John Donnelly, Controller, Office of the Vice President for Finance, firstname.lastname@example.org
- For Lincoln Laboratory inquiries: Judith Murphy, Administrative Staff, Lincoln Laboratory, email@example.com
- For internal audit reports: Michael J. Moody, Institute Auditor, Audit Division, firstname.lastname@example.org